Cunning Censored Linguists are a mature(ish?) guild, looking for members of all levels. While we do enjoy questing, raiding, achieving (at least online) and the occasional PvP skirmish, we try not to take our Warcraft too incredibly seriously. We're not likely to "pwn n00bs" for asking a gameplay question, for example. We're here to have fun, not prove how big our +6 stamina Codpiece of the Whale is. For the most part, we're just looking to enjoy the company of a rag-tag band of interesting people and a ribald joke here and there.
Currently a very small guild, we are always recruiting and plan to grow as much as possible throughout this expansion. We are looking for creative, intelligent, fun people who would like to help make the Linguists a household name around Bronzebeard.
For more information about exactly what kind of guild we are, please check out our FAQ.
Enjoy the official guild theme song!
- Ask Mr. Robot: I assume everyone is using AMR already, but if not, definitely start. You'll occasionally see some really pro player saying that AMR is "wrong," but that's generally not the case. Either way, none of us are so good at math that we're gonna come up with something better on our own.
- Premium AMR: If you want to really get the most out of Mr. Robot, it's only 12 dollars a year for their premium option. And with this, you get the Best in Bags feature. This feature will look through your bags, and tell you what the absolute best combination is. It's great for figuring out if that drop you just got is better than what you're wearing. It's also incredibly helpful when you're trying to figure out which legendaries, and which tier bonus pieces you should be combining for maximum effect.
- Icy Veins: Again, you'll find people saying "Icy Veins is wrong" but for the most part, their contributors have spent more time mathing out your abilities than you ever will.
- Use the relinquished vendor: Have any gear below 910 still? If so, you can get 910 gear from the relinquished vendor in the vindicaar. He sells them for around 650 pristine argunite...the currency you get for most of the Argus weekly quests and rares and whatnot. Hell, you may have enough of them right now if you haven't been paying attention to that. Also, his gear can titanforge, possibly giving you a really nice free piece.
- Do the greater invasion each week: Again, this drops 930 pieces. Doesn't drop them often, but hey...at least there's a chance, right? And they can titanforge too. Plus it only takes a minute if you find a group in the group finder.
- Gem and enchant your gear: This takes moments. Can't afford the epic gems and enchants? Fine, get the cheap ones, which are often just a couple hundred gold. That's still far better than nothing. And if you need help affording them? Just ask. For real. If nobody gems and enchants, then it's basically like losing an entire DPS. I'll spend some extra gold to avoid that if I have to.
- Upgrade your ledgies: If your ledgies aren't iLevel 1000, then you gotta get this done. You get Wakening Essences each week just from raiding, so you can upgrade both of your equipped legendaries pretty fast even if you don't do anything else. If you *do* do extra stuff, like daily heroics, or world quests, you can upgrade them even faster! Probably within a week. If you want to know more about this, I previously made a guide for you here.
- Unlock it: This gets unlocked via the quests in Argus. When you unlock the Netherlight Crucible, you're suddenly able to add additional traits to each of your relics. You're also able to increase the iLevel of your weapon by 15 levels. Weapon iLevel has always been very important in this game, and I assume it still is. So, missing out on a free 15 level bump would be silly.
- Get your weapon to artifact level 75: Artifact knowledge just naturally goes up each week, these days. So, each and every week, AP bars get easier to fill. Right now, AP tokens are increased by 630 million percent from their base values. This makes getting to level 75 a reasonable goal. After 75, you can certainly keep pouring AP into your weapon for better and better concordance buffs, sure...but getting to 75 is the *most* important number because that allows all your Netherlight Crucible traits to be active.
- Return to the Crucible when you get new relics: Remember that these traits aren't tied to the weapon itself...they're tied to the relics. So, if you get a sweet new relic drop, you have to return to the Crucible to assign new traits to it. If you forget to do that after switching out relics, then it's like you never unlocked the Crucible in the first place.
Posted: 2017-12-31 14:00:46
First things first, go talk to Arcanomancer Vridel in Dalaran. He'll offer you the quest, A Titanic Effort, which asks you to collect 50 Wakening Essences.
Easy enough, right? But how do you get these Essences? There's a few ways:
- Every time you kill a boss in The Burning Throne, you'll pick up 3-6.
- Your first daily heroic dungeon of the day will net you 5.
- World quest emissary caches provide 4-10.
- Each week that you do a Mythic+ -- even just a +2 -- you will earn 20 Essences in your chest the following Tuesday.
- Some PvP stuff that maybe Dusk will do or something.
Don't kill yourself trying to upgrade all 15 of your amassed legendaries or anything, but at the very least, it shouldn't take long to upgrade your two best pieces. Do a heroic with the guildies here and there...go help out the Highmountain Tauren, even if you pledged never to head back to that awful zone again. An extra 60 iLevels on every raider is going to be helpful, so definitely try and make some time to grab these.
Posted: 2017-12-02 16:31:57
1) The most effective thing you can do with your extra time this week is the weekly quest to do four mythic dungeons. This will reward a heroic Cache of Fel Treasures, which should drop gear from heroic Tomb of Sargeras.
2) If you've kept up with follower missions, then right now you should be able to do the rare mission "The Tomb of Sargeras." This rewards an Encrusted Naga Scale, which begins a quest to kill Mistress Sassz'ine in ToS. Hopefully she'll be dead tonight before your followers even bring you the scale, but hey, at least you'll be set for another free Cache of Fel Treasures when we kill her again next week.
3) LFR. Only one wing is open so far, and it's quick to run, so that could mean replacing that 865 you've been holding on to. I got a 900 cloak this morning, for example.
3) If you've got two legendaries, then make sure they're upgraded as soon as possible. That's 60 potential iLevels, practically free. Sure, you need 50 Withering Essences for each upgrade, but these drop from raid bosses, your first daily heroic dungeon, emissary quest turn-ins...you can get 50 super fast.
4) If you *don't* have 2 legendaries yet, then you should definitely do things that can drop them. Emerald Nightmare, and even Nighthold are now relatively easy to pug now, and each boss is a chance to get a legendary (Also, I'm sure some of you can still benefit from some Nighthold gear).
The boxes you receive for turning in Legionfall War Supplies on the Broken Shore, seem to have a really good chance to drop ledgies, too. That's where I got most of mine.
Remember that Blizzard added in some bad luck protection, so every time you *don't* get a legendary, your future chances keep increasing.
You don't have to worry so much about min/maxing your legendaries, or collecting a dozen of them until you get your best-in-slot. I mean, you can, but at least having *any* two spec-appropriate legendaries is going to be of great benefit to you.
5) Other than that, let's do our best to actually kill some bosses when we raid this week. The more bosses, the more gear for the guild.
If anyone wants any help at all gearing, Cut is available for whatever you need.
Posted: 2017-06-27 10:11:15
Posted: 2017-06-20 19:51:24
Posted: 2017-06-09 08:40:39