Cunning Censored Linguists are a mature(ish?) guild, looking for members of all levels. While we do enjoy questing, raiding, achieving (at least online) and the occasional PvP skirmish, we try not to take our Warcraft too incredibly seriously. We're not likely to "pwn n00bs" for asking a gameplay question, for example. We're here to have fun, not prove how big our +6 stamina Codpiece of the Whale is. For the most part, we're just looking to enjoy the company of a rag-tag band of interesting people and a ribald joke here and there.
Currently a very small guild, we are always recruiting and plan to grow as much as possible throughout this expansion. We are looking for creative, intelligent, fun people who would like to help make the Linguists a household name around Bronzebeard.
For more information about exactly what kind of guild we are, please check out our FAQ.
Enjoy the official guild theme song!
First things first, go talk to Arcanomancer Vridel in Dalaran. He'll offer you the quest, A Titanic Effort, which asks you to collect 50 Wakening Essences.
Easy enough, right? But how do you get these Essences? There's a few ways:
- Every time you kill a boss in The Burning Throne, you'll pick up 3-6.
- Your first daily heroic dungeon of the day will net you 5.
- World quest emissary caches provide 4-10.
- Each week that you do a Mythic+ -- even just a +2 -- you will earn 20 Essences in your chest the following Tuesday.
- Some PvP stuff that maybe Dusk will do or something.
Don't kill yourself trying to upgrade all 15 of your amassed legendaries or anything, but at the very least, it shouldn't take long to upgrade your two best pieces. Do a heroic with the guildies here and there...go help out the Highmountain Tauren, even if you pledged never to head back to that awful zone again. An extra 60 iLevels on every raider is going to be helpful, so definitely try and make some time to grab these.
Posted: 2017-12-02 16:31:57
1) The most effective thing you can do with your extra time this week is the weekly quest to do four mythic dungeons. This will reward a heroic Cache of Fel Treasures, which should drop gear from heroic Tomb of Sargeras.
2) If you've kept up with follower missions, then right now you should be able to do the rare mission "The Tomb of Sargeras." This rewards an Encrusted Naga Scale, which begins a quest to kill Mistress Sassz'ine in ToS. Hopefully she'll be dead tonight before your followers even bring you the scale, but hey, at least you'll be set for another free Cache of Fel Treasures when we kill her again next week.
3) LFR. Only one wing is open so far, and it's quick to run, so that could mean replacing that 865 you've been holding on to. I got a 900 cloak this morning, for example.
3) If you've got two legendaries, then make sure they're upgraded as soon as possible. That's 60 potential iLevels, practically free. Sure, you need 50 Withering Essences for each upgrade, but these drop from raid bosses, your first daily heroic dungeon, emissary quest turn-ins...you can get 50 super fast.
4) If you *don't* have 2 legendaries yet, then you should definitely do things that can drop them. Emerald Nightmare, and even Nighthold are now relatively easy to pug now, and each boss is a chance to get a legendary (Also, I'm sure some of you can still benefit from some Nighthold gear).
The boxes you receive for turning in Legionfall War Supplies on the Broken Shore, seem to have a really good chance to drop ledgies, too. That's where I got most of mine.
Remember that Blizzard added in some bad luck protection, so every time you *don't* get a legendary, your future chances keep increasing.
You don't have to worry so much about min/maxing your legendaries, or collecting a dozen of them until you get your best-in-slot. I mean, you can, but at least having *any* two spec-appropriate legendaries is going to be of great benefit to you.
5) Other than that, let's do our best to actually kill some bosses when we raid this week. The more bosses, the more gear for the guild.
If anyone wants any help at all gearing, Cut is available for whatever you need.
Posted: 2017-06-27 10:11:15
Posted: 2017-06-20 19:51:24
Posted: 2017-06-09 08:40:39
We're setting this first raid for Tuesday, May 23rd to give people ample time to fit it into their schedules. We're really hoping we can have a lot of guildies there getting gear and experience, rather than mostly pugs.
We're also going straight to Nighthold, rather than Emerald Nightmare. This is because the majority of people searching for Emerald Nightmare raids want only overgeared speed runs. While this is still true to some extent for Nighthold, it's a little easier to find like-minded people willing to learn.
I'll be getting some guides posted here in the coming days, so check back for that.
I'm really excited for us to finally start doing some real raiding together as a guild.
Posted: 2017-05-12 15:02:39